Saturday, May 2, 2009

Lush Shampoo Bar - Squeaky Green

Don't you think it's overwhelming just by walking near a Lush store? (or is it just me?) I have walked into the store many times with a strong will to purchase, touching and sniffing products until my nose stops working or a headache kicks in (which usually takes only 15 to 20 mins). I just couldn't make up my mind in the store with hundreds of choices combined with the mighty "Lush" scent. So why I have a piece of Lush shampoo bar sitting on my polka dot cushion!? The truth is...............my lovely friend Clara got that for me as a little X'mas gift last year and thanks to her, I finally have a chance to try something from Lush.


So what do I think of the Squeaky Green (my 1st Lush product ever)??? I love it, absolutely love it! First of all, I love the idea of a solid shampoo. It's easy to use, lathers well and it's environmental-friendly without using a plastic bottle.

Second of all, Squeaky Green is vegan and SLS-free (used SCS instead). Packed with rosemary, tea tree and peppermint which are all wonderful for hair and scalp. I have long straight fine hair (not too oily, not too dry) and I have been using it every other day for about 3 months (I don't use the same shampoo everyday, usually have at least 2 to rotate). It gives my hair and scalp a clean feel and leaves my hair with a refreshing herbal scent.

However, it's a bit drying for my hair which is not a big problem with the help of a conditioner. It will go squidgy if stored improperly. I suggest a well-designed soap dish or put it back in the Lush tin when it's dried. The price is $7.95 for 55g which I think is reasonable considering It does last for ages. I have been using it for 3 months which is approximately 45 washes (every other day, remember?) and I still have more than half of it left. I'm 100% satisfied with this good quality shampoo bar.


Squeaky Green Ingredients:

Black = Safe Synthetic
Green = Natural and/or Organic
Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Perfume, Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis), Nettle (Urtica Dioica), Water (Aqua), Tea Tree Powder (Melaleuca Alternifolia), Peppermint (Mentha piperita), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Coumarin, *Geraniol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Hydroxycitronellol, Chlorophyllin.

*Naturally occurs in essential oils

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for recommending this awesome shampoo bar to me~ I love it very much too, i hope the cinnamon bar will work and make my hair grow faster kee kee. I dont' think i'll get the conditioner bar again even though i love the smell of it. The result is just not too impressive and it doesn't help with my spitted ends at all. I will look for sth else at Lush and will keep you posted of the results of course =)

Post a Comment