Saturday, May 9, 2009

Green Cream


I'm learning and trying to go green with my skin care and I've started making my own a few months ago. My 1st creation was a Vit. C whitening serum, followed by two different moisturizers. All three recipes are from a book named For Natural Skincare II written by Niuer (牛爾老師). Niuer is a skin care expert and he is very famous in Taiwan. A great book to have if you're into DIY skin care.

Olive Moisturizer~*

The olive moisturizer was my first attempt on cream-making and I'm very happy with the outcome. The finishing product is light green in color. It's not creamy at all, very light in texture and easy to absorb into skin. Since I've used EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), I thought it'd be heavier/oilier. But it turned out to be a perfect light hydrating moisturizer for summer.

Ingredients: Distilled water, EVOO, Glycerin, Creagel, Lavender essential oil, Preservative


Green Tea Antioxidant Cream~*



After the success of my 1st cream, I've decided to make a batch of green tea antioxidant cream. Ingredients are basically the same as the olive moisturizer with an addition of japanese green tea powder (Matcha). The texture is similar to the olive one, dark green in color and also easy to absorb. I didn't add any essential oil since It has a nice green tea scent. However, I think it's a bit heavier on my skin compare to the olive one. It actually took a longer time to emulsify too. I used a different brand of EVOO, I wonder would that be the cause or it's just the green tea.

Ingredients: Distilled water, EVOO, Glycerin, Green tea powder, Creagel, Preservative

I'll be making red wine hydrating gel mask next~

No comments:

Post a Comment