Friday, May 15, 2009

My 1st Homemade Herbal Extract

I have been thinking of purchasing licorice extract ever since I started making my own skin care. While I was researching for a supplier, I found a great article on mountainroseherbs.com about making your own herbal extract. Only 2 ingredients needed : fresh/dried herbs and alcohol, seems so easy that I couldn't resist to make my own.


Ingredients:

1. Dried Licorice ...... 15g (got it from a Chinese herbal store)

2. Vodka ........ 100ml

Directions:

1. Wet a paper towel with distilled water to wipe the dried licorice.

2. Put the ingredients into a glass jar and close the lid tightly.

3. Place it in a dark place and allow the herbs to soak for 4-6 weeks.


甘草萃取液 - 殺菌、消炎、增強肌膚免疫力, 舒緩敏感肌膚, 抗氧化、抑制酪胺酸脢作用,減少黑色素形成

Licorice Extract is effective for skin lightening. It also has properties including anti-inflammation and antioxidation.

More information:

http://sadatan.com/products/pdf/Depigmentation%20Complex.pdf

http://blog.pharmacymix.com/licorice-%E2%80%93-an-active-ingredient-that-can-lighten-skin

No comments:

Post a Comment