Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Naked

Got a Naked kit from Lush....



Why choose naked? (copied from Lush.ca)

Making the switch from liquid to solid is one of the easiest, most environmental things you can do to help save the planet.


LUSH solid products are compact, economical and require far less energy to transport and contain no damaging preservatives.

Over 70% of LUSH products are unpackaged or sold naked, eliminating excess waste. We make solid Bath Bombs, Bubble Bars, Massage Bars, Solid Shampoo Bars, Body Butters and Solid Facial Cleansers.

Make the change today with our limited edition Naked Kit that contains 6 solid products. Plus, the box is 100% biodegradable!

100% Biodegradable - Unpackaged - Vegan - Preservative Free - Never Tested On Animals


The Naked Kit contains:

  1. Squeaky Green Solid Shampoo (15g/ 0.5oz)

  2. Coal Face/ Fresh Farmacy Solid Facial Soap (30g/ 1oz)

  3. Toner Tab (10g/ 0.33oz)
  4. Sexy Peel Soap (100g/ 3.5oz)

  5. Buffy Solid Body Butter (30g/ 1oz)

  6. Therapy Solid Massage Bar (30g/ 1oz)

I'm a big fan of solid products, no water = less preservative and no packaging (sounds fantastic to me, I hate those plastic bottles). I have been using solid shampoo for more than a year now and I don't think I'll ever switch back to liquid. and thanks to Amy (she made me soaps!), I have started using soap instead of my Aveeno liquid body wash.

The Naked kit is $20 for 6 solid items. I think it's a pretty good deal and it's a great way to sample different items. Except the Toner Tab, the rest of them are mini size which are adorable. All kits contains mini squeaky green shampoo (one of my favourite solid shampoo bars), mini buffy body butter, mini therapy massage bar, and sexy peel soap.

For the facial cleanser, you can choose Coal Face (black one) or Fresh Farmacy (pink one) solid facial soap. I have both because Amy and I each got a kit and we've decided to share the facial soap and I took them home to cut them in half. For the toner tab, there are 4 options including Vit. C, Vit. E, Q10 and Tea Tree.

The only thing to complain is the packaging. As you can see from the pictures, the items look kind of dirty. The box is just too big for 6 little items and the Fresh Farmacy is just too soft to be placed with the others. Better ask them to wrap the items with paper especially if you're planning to give it as a gift. I was horrified when I opened my box at home....

6 comments:

*~Tiko said...

Have you tried any of the items yet? i'm planning to use my vit E facial steam tab (whatever that calls) b4 taking my wedding pic kee kee

*~Tiko said...

I'm planning to try the toner tab 1st too. I stilll have a small piece of Godiva shampoo bar to finish, I got a big piece of buffy before I got this set and I'm using your handmade soap. I want to try the facial soap too, but I need to get another soap dish for it.

*~Tiko said...

I'm getting a new soap dish for the facial bars too, so I still haven't tried them. BTW Can you skip the rest and use the oatmeal on in mid may? kinda look forward our comments on it haha. My cinnamon shampoo bar will be gone in 15 washes, will try the squeaky green the next

*~Tiko said...

u gonna try the pink or the black facial soap 1st? Oatmeal is the big one, right? sure I'll try it in mid-May.

New! is absolutely my #1 favourite Lush shampoo bar, squeaky green is pretty good too. I'm really looking forward to try your ginger orange shampoo bar!!! btw, I'll be making another batch of lotion bar, will try another recipe this time.

*~Tiko said...

i'm going to try the pink one first~~ I'm still figuring out the oil combination for shampoo but b4 that, i'll make a 100% coconut oil soap bar for dish washing or any household cleaning use, do u want to try?

btw, u should update your blog more often haha

*~Tiko said...

Yes please, would love to try the household cleaning soap!

I'm TRYING to blog more often, it's quite time consuming to resize and edit the pictures....

Post a Comment