Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More Lush Shampoo Bars - New! and Godiva

Got two more Lush shampoo bars a while ago, haven't finished my squeaky green yet but I like it so much that I want to try some others. I was planning to get one bar only (kinda have my eye on the New! bar for a while), got two at last since they threw in a free tin if you buy two.


New! $9.95/55g
New! is packed with cinnamon and clove oil which help stimulating scalp and is great for hair growth. The bar smells like cinnamon which I like and it actually has cinnamon barks in it. It's vegan, paraben-free and SLS-free.

I love New!, I have to say it's my favourite Lush shampoo bar so far. My scalp and hair feel squeaky clean and refreshed after using it. It doesn't leave my hair with a strong cinnamon scent which I know some people don't really like (personally, I love the cinnamon scent). Like Squeaky Green, I do recommend using a conditioner afterwards. I can't tell about the hair growth part now (have to use it for a longer time to be able to tell), but my hair is less frizzy than before.


Godiva $10.5/55g
Godiva is one of Lush best sellers. I got this because of the free tin and the heavenly jasmine scent (it smells sooooo good). My whole bathroom smells like Jasmine now. It's a 2 in 1 bar which has chunks of conditioner in it. It does leave my hair softer compare to Squeaky Green and New!. Moreover, the fantastic scent actually lingers in my hair for the whole day.

I wasn't paying much attention on the ingredient lists when I bought it (obviously distracted by the jasmine scent), but it does contain SLS which could cause irritation. Although I absolutely adore the scent, I doubt that I'll buy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment